SCHOONER ADIRONDACK (9/8/2012) CANCELED
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Break away for a late summer daydream...
TRIP CANCELED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT
Home ported in Newport, RI, the "Sailing Capital of the World", a sailing cruise aboard Adirondack II, the elegant 80-foot turn-of-the-century style pilot schooner, is the experience of a lifetime. On a typical 90 minute cruise you will see Newport's stately bayside mansions, a 19th Century military fort and beautiful old lighthouses. The sweeping vistas of Newport and Jamestown will provide the perfect backdrop for our sailing cruise.
- We will enjoy a picnic style box lunch consisting of a delicious lobstah roll...(alternatives available for those who do not eat Lobster - please call the Parks & Rec office to hear sandwich choice and register)
- After lunch, we'll settle in for a 90 minute scenic narrated tour of Newport, including the Ten Mile Ocean Drive and Bellevue Avenue.
- You will have plenty of free time to browse the shops in the Wharves and/or Lower Thames Street before we head home.
- Depart: 7:00am Oxford Town Hall
- Return: 9:00pm
- Cost: $108 per person includes motor coach transportation, lunch, cruise, tour and driver gratuity.