8th Annual Memorial Day 5K Freedom Run/2 Mile Fitness Walk/Kids Rockhopper Fun Run
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY OUR NEWEST NEIGHBOR, NEWTOWN SAVINGS BANK!
MONDAY, MAY 30TH 2016
Race length - 5K Route: We begin at 8:00am with the children's Rock Hopper Fun Run followed by the 5K, from Oxford Town Hall (486 Oxford Road), south on Rt 67 to Pleasant Valley Shopping Center and back to Town Hall.
The course has been USATF Certified. CERTIFICATION CODE: CT10017JHP
Prizes awarded for different age categories!
Walkers or runners welcome. A 2 mile course will be marked for walkers.
Non residents welcome
Wheelchairs and Baby Joggers are welcome!
Proceeds go to our veterans by way of the Oxford American Legion, David S. Miles Post #174!
The Memorial Day Freedom Run is a rain or shine event!
Click on the link below to "Like" us on Facebook!
- All participants, including Military, must register online at fasttracktiming.com
- Race T-Shirts will be given to the first 300 registered participants!
- Fees: 5K - $25 if registered in advance; $30 on day of race ~ Kids Fun Run - $10
- Veterans & Military Run/Walk for Free!
- Early Race Packet Pickup: Saturday, May 28th - 9:00am-Noon at The Oxford Town Library
KIDS FUN RUN
- Children's Fun Run for children ages 5 - 12. Distance is less than 1/2 mile - from Town Hall to Center School and back.
- Kids Race starts promptly at 8:00am from Oxford Town Hall. (Adult race begins 8:15am)
- Official 5k Run/Walk will start when the Fun Run is finished.
VETERANS and MILITARY PERSONNEL
- Veterans and all Military personnel run/walk for free! Thank you for your service on our behalf!
- Please visit fasttracktiming.com to register.
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT:
SOLDIERS' ANGELS OXFORD AMERICAN LEGION AND AMERICAN WARRIOR
There are plenty of opportunities for sponsorship! Please call the Parks and Rec office for more information or to register as a sponsor. 203-888-2543, Ext 3069.